Saturday, July 02, 2005

Corning Museum of Glass

This is my second trip to the Corning Museum of GLASS or CMOG. We (Natt, Nong, Pap, Aim, and I) took off from Ithaca on Wednesday at 11am. We stopped by Collegetown Bagle to get some lunch before we leave. I don't know whether my driving was so bad...it made the girls feel sick...or they are so motion-sensitive. Anyway, we got there alright...around 1pm.

Since we are from the area, we had to pay only $4 each for admission. The exhibition started with Czech's collection, the history of glass making (a huge collection), then technologies involving glass, and the glass-blowing show.

Although I've seen most of it, I really enjoyed being there. I guess I like museam in general. The girls seemed to enjoy it too, especially the shopping section. Nong bought a few things for her new apartment. Natt bought a couple of drinking glasses. I bought nothing, though I really wanted a 20-dollar whiskey glass. But I was so broke and out of job. But, I'll be back...once I have more money ;)

I don't know why there were so many people at the museum. And it's not even weekends. It's Wenesday. Tons of Chinese-speaking people were walking around.

I wish there were less people. I love a museum with very few people. I guess that makes me a little selfish. Anyway, I like the glass-blowing show. They made a pitcher in about 15 minutes. Awesome show!

The only bad thing about this trip was the rain. It rained so hard when we got there, and it stopped. And, it rained again when we were about to come back. I think everybody got a good taste of glass-making and running in the rain ;)

posted by Bikku @ 3:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page