Monday, July 04, 2005

Visiting Pung & Stephen

There are five of us: Por, Soe, Natt, Magnus, and I. We departed Ithaca around 4PM of Friday, heading for Washington D.C. We arrived Pung & Stephen's house around 10:30PM. Everyone loves the beautiful house built in the 50s but still look like a modern home. I was so hungry. Luckily, Pung prepared rice with dried beef (เนื้อแดดเดียว) and delicious soup.

The next day, Saturday, we had a nice Caribou coffee in the morning and went shopping. Soe got her new blue, Louis Vuitton wallet. I believe that already made her day...made her one very happy girl. After some shopping, we went to the Air & Space Museum near Dulles Airport. The museum was ok. Although Pung was about 5-month pregnant, she could walk a good distance. We were happy to see her strength and good health. Magnus and I went for the simulator understanding that it's a flight simulator (the one we get to fly a plane)...but it was just a ride. After the simulator, we all went for an IMAX movie. Can't really remember the name of the movie, but it's about a pilot's story of joining some practice. Not the best IMAX I've seen :P

In the evening, actually late evening, we went to Thai Square Restaurant for some Thai food. It was a long wait, but worth it. The good thing is that we ordered while we were waiting...so the food would come when the table became available. We had nice crab fried rice, kana-mookrob, fried squid, etc. Let's say...we came home satisfied.

On Sunday, we woke up a little late...so we had brunch at home. I was still enthusiastic about my new camera. Soe and I walked around the house and took some pictures. Oh...I love taking pictures outdoor. The indoor lighting was not quite accomodating...but I got by ok.

After lunch, we went to the zoo. It was a hot and humid day, but we walked through out most part of the zoo. The animal seemed to be quite lazy. I don't know if they are usually like this in the afternoon. The lion just sat there doing nothing. The tigers walk around slowly. I'd have to say that three hours at the zoo seemed like all day. But, it ended eventually. We came home and started the BBQ preparation.


I'm glad that Na and Koi were able to join us. It's been such a long time that I haven't seen them. They appeared to be doing very fine. The BBQ party went so well...the food was awesome...steak, BBQ pork, sticky rice, etc. Can't believe that we'll leave for Ithaca tomorrow. The weekend trip has been so quick. I guess time flies when you have fun.

posted by Bikku @ 1:38 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page