Saturday, July 09, 2005

A Little Flash Back

What I'm going to write today will not be about today. It's gonna be a little flash back to my commencement on May 28-29, 2005. The reason I'm doing this is that someone (I'm sorry I cannot remember who you are) told me that I should put a link to my commencement photos on the blog. So here it is.

First of all, the commencement is not as complicated as it is in Thailand. No practice, no fixed seat and all of those stuffs. I think it made the ceremony actually enjoyable and more convenient. On Saturday, the 28th, we had a Ph.D. Recognition Ceremony. What happened was...we lined up to shake hand with Cornell's president...then, a reception and some food.

The next day was the "walk." Everybody lined up on the Arts Quad, then walked toward the stadium...where the speech and the whole event took place. The most impressive moment for me that day was...when we walked out of the Quad, all the professors would line up on both sides and clapped their hands for us. For an undergrad, that was probably nothing. But for a Ph.D. like us (and many have agreed with me on this) who worked hard and took lots of pressure over the years, the moment was quite overwhelming.

At the stadium, we listened to the (Cornell) president's speech. He talked about "the dark side" referring to the latest Star Wars movie. I have to say I like how he put it. Afterward, I went to the departmental reception...where I got my Ph.D. diploma (which actually is an empty envelope...I'll get my real diploma in November). And that concluded the commencement ceremony.

The happiest people that day was my parents...and many other parents. I could feel it.

posted by Bikku @ 2:55 PM

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation! sir!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page