Sunday, August 28, 2005

Rochester, NY

I went to Rochester today. Rochester is one of a bigger town (than Ithaca, of course) in NY State. It locates about two hours northwest of Ithaca. Thanks to my good friends, Mo & Pim, who were kind enough to ask me if I want to go with them. I agreed :)


Off we went! There were six of us: Mo, Pim, Joe, Chate, Fair, and I. The first thing we did was going to a Chinese Restaurant called Golden Port to have some Dim Sum. Man! The Dim Sum was great! We had lots, and I enjoyed everything from Turnip Cake to Roasted Pork Bun.


After lunch, we went to a Buddhist Temple somewhere (I don't know where because I fell asleep all the way :P). The reason we went to a temple is because it's Fair's birthday, I believe. Anyway, at the temple, we donated some money, went through some praying, กรวดน้ำ (sorry, don't know how to say it in English), and chat with the monk. It happened to be a very interesting conversation because the monk talked to us about almost anything from thinking of our mothers on our birthday to Thammagaai (ธรรมกาย) Sect of Buddhism (and happened to be a controversial one in Thailand, I think) to a strong support to the current Prime Minister of Thailand. I almost fall asleep (due to lack of sleep the night before). Well...let's just say I'm not very good in paying attention that long.


We went to George Eastman House (Eastman Kodak) afterward. The house is actually a museum of photography and film, the oldest one. It used to be the house of George Eastman, the founder of Eastman Kodak Company. I guess the pictures speak better than words...


We spent quite some time there at Eastman House. The next stop was the waterfall of Rochester. We didn't do much there beside chilling. There was quite a breeze.


Then, of course, we were hungry and ready for dinner. Shiki, a small Japanese restaurant, was our choice. There, I had some sushi and "hamba" steak. The impressive thing about this restaurant is their salad dressing. For most Japanese restaurant I've been to in the US, the salad dressing has lots of vinegar. Only for this one, it's smooth and creamy...a little bit sweet but light. Enjoyed the dinner very much :9


Well...let's just say (again) I came home very satisfied and full of Japanese food in my stomach.

P.S. Today's blog is a bit different as you notice. Lots of pictures. How is it? I wonder which one is better: more to read or more to see. Let me know. Here are some more pictures :P

posted by Bikku @ 1:33 PM

3 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger noomai said...

now i know your camera is so cool!!! ;-)

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Bikku said...

Yes...my Canon EOS 350D is my beloved baby now ^^

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good pictures krab!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page