Saturday, August 13, 2005

The View from Space


I've been playing with "Google Earth" - a new software by Google. What it does is that it lets you browse the earth with the ability to zoom in. In most big cities, the details of buildings when zoomed in are amazingly impressive. Thank you to Xtreme for introducing the software to me through her site.


I thought the program was so-so. But, my impression changed after I was able to find my house in Bangkok (above). I think it's a quite-cool program. More things can be done if your location is in the US though...such as finding hotels, highways, restaurants, etc. If anyone want to find out more about this program, it's here. Have fun!

posted by Bikku @ 11:54 AM

5 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my labtop is too slow to play this magic stufffff :( joo jadd

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Bikku said...

Oh...try http://maps.google.com and choose satellite mode. The picture probably won't have as much details as the software. But I guess it might do na ;)

 
At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried downloading "google earth"? You can zoom in to see your house even more clearly!!!!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger noomai said...

i didn't know my sister is your blog's visitor!! Yeah.. we found our house's roof a while back ka.. so scary to think you can actually see it though. good thing it is not a real-time one, otherwise I will wave for you from my house there! haha =P

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Bikku said...

Ya...if another sis of yours gives some comment here. I'll get the whole family...WaHaHa...

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page