Sunday, August 07, 2005

Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu

Well... more movie is coming this way. It seems I watch so many Japanese movies lately. Today I watched "Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu" or "Be with You" - a movie originally recommended by Noomai.

Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu (2004)
Directed by Nobuhiro Doi
Based on a novel by Takuji Ichikawa

Sypnosis: Takumi (Shidou Nakamura) and his six-year-old son, Yuji (Akashi Takei), lost their wife and mother, Mio (Yuko Takeuchi). But their lives continued. Although not without difficulties, Yuji seemed to look forward to the rainy season because he remembered his mother's promise to come back during the rainy season a year after her passing.

Even though Takumi was not that confidence about Mio's promise, he seemed to hope that his son's wish of seeing his mother again came true. And it sort of did.

They met a woman in the woods, who looks exactly like Mio. Only that she didn't remember them. They took her home telling her that she's Mio. At first, Mio didn't know what to believe, but she went along and started to believe she's Mio. The family became a family again. Mio had become the mother and slowly grew to love Takumi all over again.

But then, the rainy season ended. It's time for Mio to leave. Will she leave? Who is she, really? Discovering Mio's diary unveiled the mystery.

****************************************

What do I think about the movie? (Warning: might contain spoilers)

I love Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu a lot. I love the absolutely wonderful acting of everybody in the family. I love how the story is tied together and how the story unveil itself through out the movie. I love how Takumi tell his side of the love story and how Mio tell her side through her diary. And, especially, I love how Love is portrayed in the movie.

Watching the movie had made me think about someone's saying, "Oh...I wish I know now what will happen in the future." Personally, I believe the future contains both good and bad things...happy and sad events. If you know your future, would you continue to walk the path toward such future? Or, this has let me to think of another question, would you change your past if you could?

posted by Bikku @ 3:11 PM

4 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger noomai said...

You are so fast, p'Big!!! I'm glad you like this movie. I love it too. Now the story is put into drama series here in Japan, but I still like Takeuchi and Nakamura's acting much better (also the little boy's). Btw, these two got married a few months back na. They met through this movie and fell in love. How sweet!

Love is good, love is sweet. Doesn't matter if your love is with you, your love can still live.

My answer is 'no', I don't want to know the future. At least if I know, the movie is probably not gonna be as touching as it is. ;-)

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Bikku said...

Wow...you are quick too, n'Mai. I just post this blog a little while ago.

Yes...the movie is great! Thanks for the recommendation...keep it coming ;)

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger kickoman said...

where did you find these japanese movies krub, p'big? From netflix?

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Bikku said...

I bought it from YesAsia.com la. For other movies (esp cartoons), I borrow them from Nong Pim :D

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page