Friday, August 05, 2005

Watching Movies

I have got to confess that I haven't done much recently beside watching movies. March of the Penguins, Crayon Shinchan, Paranoia Agent, and The Classic are the movie I am/have been watching.

March of the Penguins was a good movie. Or I can just say a good documentary. It's a story about a group of Emperor Penguins living, mating, and producing little penguins around the Antarctica area. They have to endure so much, walk so much, and be patient so much to achieve what they've done for thousands of years (or it could be longer than that).

Here's something I learn from the movie:
- penguins are monogamous
- the father will keep the egg warm for 4 months without any food at all while the mother walks to find food for herself and her child (and not the father)
- penguins work together to keep themselves and their eggs warm while waiting for mothers' return
- a mother who lost her baby will try to steal a baby from another penguin
- when baby penguins grow up big enough, their parents will leave them forever
- And, baby penguins are very cute


Crayon Shinchan: The Movie was fun and relaxing to watch. All the adults was hypnotised (in a way) to become childlike: irresponsible and always playing. Shinchan and his friends will have to save their parents.

The movie is funny from time to time. And, it actually has a plot. It's good for relaxation, and perhaps practicing Japanese language. Unfortunately, I would have no clue if not for the English Subtitle.


Paranoia Agent was a strange Japanese cartoon series. I only watch half of it (i.e. six episodes) and still cannot explain when someone asked me what it is about. All I can tell is...there are several stories about different people, what happens to them, yet these stories seem to converge into one single story. But I can't be sure because I have not finished the movie. So...this one is "to be continue..."


The Classic was a classic. Korean love story. A young girl found old letters her mom exchanged with her lover. The stories carried on...lovers departed, reunited, faced obstacles, and approached a very sentimental conclusion.

I usually get sensitive when watching this kind of movie. In fact, I do cry easily...and very "in"to the stories (Yes...you heard me right). Somehow and surprisingly, this one didn't get to me. Is it the movie? Or is it me.

posted by Bikku @ 2:29 AM

3 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger AL LEE said...

Have not seen the other movies but I love the March of the Emperor Penguins, though mine was in the original french version with Japanese subtitles! Thank god I knew the story before hand.

Btw, I came by through Mai's site.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger kickoman said...

I really wanted to see the penguins movie. It looks very interesting. Haven't had a chance yet....

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger noomai said...

aow.. just saw that Ai ling came to your site before you went to hers! oops..

I haven't watched any of the movies at all recently. There is one I now want to watch though - The japanese one about the elephant rider.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page