Thursday, August 25, 2005

New York City (again and again)

I went to NYC yesterday, but I came back today. Sooo tired...too tired to cook up a story right now. So, I'll come back and tell you all about it. You can be sure that good food is involved...


Well...I'm back. As many of you might have already guess it right, today's topic evolves around food again. But also something on this trip as well. Shall we start?

There were several purposes of this NYC trip (3rd time in two weeks). I went on Monday with Tob to help her move her stuffs as she'll attend NYU. On Tuesday, I picked up Pong (coming from Thailand), Aim (coming from Pittsburgh), and Pap (coming from DC) back to Ithaca.

There was nothing much on Monday. We departed Ithaca in the afternoon and reached Flushing by dinner time. We had a quick Korean dinner. Too bad we didn't know what to order, so just some simple dishes. I was so tired from driving. I fell asleep before I knew it.

Tuesday morning. Pong and Tob's mom arrived. Lucky me. I suppose to pick Pong up from the airport, but thanks to Tob's mom. He could tag along. So, I could sleep as late as I wanted :)


For lunch, I went to a very delicious Korean restaurant. Too bad I cannot remember the name, but I'll surely know how to get there. We had a very good Bulkoki and Kalbi and Soon Tofu Chige and many more. Thank you to Tob's mom who treated us that lunch. The funny thing about that restaurant is that it's Kimchi is patented. IH-22 Lactic Acid Bacteria! Wow!


In all, we had a very very good and satisfying lunch. I took a nap after that (now you know how good it was). Not so long, Pap called to tell me that she arrived Port Authority. That means I'll have to take off (with Pong going along). And so we did. Only that we had to stop by for a side mission, buying Cha-om (ชะอม) and other stuffs for Ple. Mission accomplished ^^

Finally, we picked up Pap and Aim and was on our way to dinner. I was gonna take them to a Yakitori place I like very much (and meant to go there many time, but failed). I failed again. We arrived there at 5:30PM, but the place won't open until 6PM. So we went to "Go" another Japanese restaurant with a really really good Okonomiyaki. I hadn't had a Okonomiyaki since I left Illinois. That's 5 years ago. So, I bought some ingredient for making a Okonomiyaki at home ^o^

But the day was not over. We continued our search for one of the best Cream Puff, according to Pong. It's Beard Papa's Cream Puff. It's very delicious. They make the cream puffs at the instant we ordered by injecting the cream right there before your eyes. The cream puff is rich and creamy. Slightly sweet, but not too sweet. Crispy outside, creamy and soft inside. Ah...am I describing it too much?

Anyway, we left NYC another time. This time it was more about Japanese food than Chinese food. I thought it might be among the last times I'll get to enjoy NYC. May be once or twice more...

posted by Bikku @ 12:39 PM

7 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger noomai said...

haha.... wanna know about food na... but also wanna eat too a!!!

take a rest!

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remembered waiting in line for the beard papa's shu cream puff in Osaka for 45 minutes but yes your description is accurate...it was worth it.

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, it's nice to see some korean letters in the photo.kk...I never saw patented kimchi..interesting..kk...and the beard papa used to be one of my cravings..gosh, it's 2 a.m. here and I want it bad!!^^

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger kickoman said...

wow. This entry makes me hungry! I liked Beard Papa too. Next time you should also try Choux Factory on 1st Ave. It's very good too! Yummy yummy.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Bikku said...

I didn't know so many people like Beard Papa's. I should have known it earlier ^^;

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger noomai said...

pYai.. where is the beard cream papa in Osaka?!?!

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger noomai said...

oh.. never mind.. found the list.
pBig -- you are saved! There is a branch in Jusco, Okazaki!!!! ;9

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page