Friday, September 30, 2005

Beer and Water Morning Glory

I'm not a beer person. If I can choose, I'd rather drink Single Malt. But I have become more acquainted to beer lately. Why? I guess it's the easiest thing for someone who live alone and doesn't drink that much, but still like to drink a little :P

(BTW, for those who knows, I found Glenmorengie 10 yrs, Ardbeg, Glenlivet 12 yrs, and some other unimportant ones)

Anyway...back to the story. I went to Jusco at Aeon (which is even further than Seiyu, my regular supermarket)...walked around and got Beard Papa's Cream Puff and a cone of Vanilla ice cream. Almost bought FF Advent Children, but broke lah :P

Then, on my way back, I stopped by Seiyu for some grocery. In the beer section, I saw something I couldn't believe. My surprise #1, a tini-tiny can of beer...almost like a shot. I couldn't help but thinking whether it'd sell because, as many people might already know, Japanese are very tolerant to beer (some said it's in their gene). They drink beer like water here. So, what a mini-me of the mini-me of Japanese beer is doing on the shelf. I eventually decided to buy many sizes of Asahi beer just because of that.


From the picture above, look at the furthest one (considering the 2nd one from the front is a regular 350-ml can). That's so tiny. Only 135ml. That's amost like a shot of Espresso. Maybe it's just for quitting drinking.

Later on, I also found an amazing surprise #2. Water Morning Glory or ผักบุ้ง. I was so happy I paid 138 Yen for it. I see boil rice. I see Water Morning Glory stir fried with oystersauce :9

At home, my surprise #3 is that my "left-over" fried rice actually taste pretty good :P

posted by Bikku @ 7:26 PM

5 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Blogger noomai said...

โอ้ว... =P

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ว๊าว ผัดผักบุ้ง! ไฟแดงหรือเปล่าคะ ^^
ว่าแต่พี่ยังไม่เคยเห็นผักบุ้งที่NYCเลย สงสัยต้องไปดูตามร้านไทยละมั้งเนี่ย (คงได้ชะอมมาด้วยแน่ อิอิ)

ขอบคุณด้วยค่ะที่แนะนำร้านอาหารไทยให้ แล้วจะลองไปสำรวจดูจ้ะ รวมทั้งร้านอิตาเลี่ยนที่น้องบิ๊กบอกว่ามี Panna cotta รสเลิศด้วย ^^

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there`s another HUGE size ;)
japan japan japan! :D

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Bikku said...

Oh..ya..but don't wanna buy a' (-_-')

P.S. Just waiting for Yai to comment on this one...then I'll have the 3 Musketeers

\(*_*)/\(+_+)/\(^_^)/

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asahi..hae hae

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page