Sunday, September 18, 2005

私は東京に行った (I went to Tokyo)


I went to Tokyo on Friday to see my cousin, who came to Japan on a business trip. We had dinner with his kind Japanese friend, who treated us with the Shabu-Shabu dinner. The dinner was quite fun with lots of suggestion for me on how to face the 'working world'. I do appreciate their valuable advice.

I stayed with my cousin on Friday night, so we had time to chat after a long time. I sent him off in the morning before I went to see my friend, Nuaa, at Shinjuku station.

Shinjuku Station (behind me)

Shinjuku station is a very busy station. Busy means tons and tons of people walking here and there. I was instructed to wait in front of a flower shop at the South exit. When I exit at the South exit, I immediately see the flower shop...but with a bit of (culture) shock. There were at least 20-25 people standing in front of the flower shop...looking toward the South exit. And, I was about to be one of them.

A view of Tokyo

After Nuaa arrived, she brought me to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building...which let us see the view of Tokyo. It was something. Tokyo is really a mega-city. A very crowded one, indeed.

After some sightseeing and (a delicious and cheap) lunch, we went to Odaiba. There are many things at Odaiba, museums and shopping centers. But it was getting dark, and there was only one thing in our minds...a hot bath. Nuaa took me to Oedo Onsen Monogatari, an Edo-style decorations. Not only just the hot bath, but there are restaurants, foot massages, resting room, etc. We spent plenty of time there. If I have time, I'll come back and elaborate on the Onsen. Or maybe after I go back there again :P

In front of the Onsen (but still inside)

Preparing for the hot bath ^^

After the Onsen, it was late...and Nuaa was kind enough to offer me a place to sleep. Well, that's because there is a guest room at the dorm (such a nice dorm!). In the morning, Nuaa was kind enough (again) to make a nice breakfast. Luckily I was quick enough to take the picture of my breakfast before gobbling in.

A very lovely breakfast

After the breakfast, I went on the mini tour of the International Christian University (ICU). I know this university for a long time since I worked at Thammasat, but this is my first time seeing it. Well...it's like locating in the forest. Lots of trees. A very green campus, indeed.

The International Christian University (ICU)

Before leaving, we had lunch. Ramen and Soba, to be specific. The Ramen shop was a very small one with a counter for 10-15 people to sit and eat. Behind the counter, there were 3 people cooking...quickly and smoothly. We had to be in a line and wait until some people finished their meal. Before we knew it, the line got so long. Well...the noodles were so delicious, I didn't say much through out the meal. I guess (because I didn't really see me) I had a very "satisfied" expression on my face when I walked out from that Ramen place.

An absolutely delicious Soba & Ramen

But that's not all. We went for dessert. A French patisseries nearby. Oh...delicious cakes and chocolates. Rich and dense. Along with strong and beautiful coffee. It had made my day.

Also...the wonderful dessert :9

Oh...look at the coffee!!!

It took me a big while to get back to Okazaki. I was exhausted, but very happy. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me. But I guess I am looking forward to it!

posted by Bikku @ 9:17 PM

6 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very welcome to JAPAN !!

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!! I don't think you have much right saying that a university is located in the forest na... can there be even more than yours? Hahahah.... seems like you are having fun. I'm certainly am glad krub. Maybe you could try to get a work at ICU?

BTW, P'Nat spends Friday drinking by himself till he falls asleep... did I spoil your day?hehehe... hope not. No la.. he's fine. Nothing to worry about. Just became little lazy, I'd guess.

Have fun na krub and keep posting! Are you in class already? If so, please let us know more!!

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God... I always wanted to go to Odaiba, but never really had my chance to do so. :(

Always love visiting Tokyo ka. There're always so many things to do... and so little time to spend. Really wish I can give another visit.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Bikku said...

Haha...comment at the same time luey na~
It'd be nice if you can go to Odaiba during the transit this winter na.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Bikku said...

C'mon...don't tell me you guys don't see it in the coffee ><

 
At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a-re!?!
มาเยี่ยมบล๊อกน้องbiggieอีกที
ไหงแว๊บไปอยู่ญี่ปุ่นซะแล้วล่ะคะ
ตกใจจริงๆนะเนี่ย
คิดว่าจะแค่ไปเที่ยว แต่อ่านไปอ่านมารู้สึกว่าจะไปเรียนที่ญี่ปุ่นใช่หรือเปล่าคะ
อยู่โตเกียวหรือคะ?

แรกๆอาจจะแปลกใจในความเป็นญี่ปุ่นหลายๆอย่าง แต่พี่ว่าไม่นานก็คงปรับตัวได้ค่ะ
อย่างเรื่องการแยกขยะ ^^ (ของพี่รู้สึกกลับกันว่า ทำไมอเมริกาไม่ค่อยแยกขยะเลย!)

ขอให้สนุกกับชีวิตในญี่ปุ่นนะคะ อยู่หลายปีหรือเปล่าเอ่ย ถ้ายังไงไว้ไปเจอกันแถวเกียวโต โอซากานะคะ

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page