Sunday, September 25, 2005

My Osaka Trip (Part 1: Thai Food Fest)

I used to say to myself that I would never do a sequel, but I guess I was wrong. As the name might give it away, there will be a sequel to this one. So many things happened in my two-day Osaka trip. I guess I'll talk about the most important thing first, the Thai Food Festival. So I caught my Shinkansen to Osaka...

A View from Shinkansen

Thai Food Fest was one of the reason, among many, that I went to Osaka yesterday. Of course, I want to eat some Thai food (very satisfied, indeed) and I had a chance to meet other Thai students. Plus, I could get the cellphone from Jill right away. Thanks na krab, N'Jill :)

The Center Stage

So...I went straight from Okazaki to Nagoya to Shin-Osaka to Tennoji Station (well...that wasn't quite a straight route, is it?). Anyway, I saw so many people coming to the Thai Food Fest...and the festival was quite big. Almost 30 Thai restaurants joined. Since I only know Jill, and she had to work. So I just walked around and enjoyed the festival. Here are some of the pictures taken while I was strolling around...

That looks HOT!!!

I got to take it off from time to time :)

They also had Muay-Thai

And...some nice flowers

While I was walking around, I met a bunch of Thai students promoting the Thai Student Association in Japan: Kansai. A very interesting website, indeed. I actually had a very long, enjoyable chat with many of the Thai (and also Japaneses who speak Thai). It always gives a good feeling to meet wonderful Thai people when you just arrived in a foreign country alone. I spent so much time talking Thai with the Thais...I almost forgot that I came here to learn Japanese :P

In the afternoon, I took off for Namba and Osaka Castle...which will be in the "Part 2" of this series. In all, I had a heck of a good time at the Thai Food Fest.

Tennoji Park in the Evening ~ ~

The festival ended around 8PM. Originally, I planned to try out one the capsule hotel in Osaka. But Jill's friends are kind enough to host me for the night. So...I was waiting for Jill and helped a restaurant clean up. I guess it's a Thai thing...couldn't just stand there and watch them (who already worked so hard all day) . Anyway, it was fun...reminds me a lot when I helped out at About Bangkok.

Towards the end of this one, I want to express many thanks to the Senrioka Gang: Ae, Ple, Palang, and Taweii ...(hope I'm spelling everything right). Especially, Taweii who let me sleep in his room before he knows it. Without them, I would end up in a small capsule...perhaps with a bunch of old and drunk businessmen...somewhere in downtown Osaka. I hope everybody enjoyed the Beard Papa's Creme Puff :9

posted by Bikku @ 10:21 PM

2 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soo sorry pbigg~~ ur bag must be so dame heavy w/ all my and pmai`s girls`stuff chai paww...;o thk u soo much na kaa....and sorry that i didnt hav time to take u around osaka lei...even at the festival-0-; next time next time ne....nihongo gambare!!...:D

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger noomai said...

aow... oops... my stuff must have been super heavy jing jing duay. gomen gomen!!! I will pay back your kindness na!!! Wait for my return and the pingpong match ner!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page