Thursday, September 29, 2005

My Osaka Trip (Part 3: Osaka Aquarium)


Herr...eventually the last episode. I actually wanted to do this thing in one shot, but it's gonna be too damn long. Anyway, today's about the Osaka Aquarium.

After I woke up and got ready to go out from the Senrioka House, we went on motorcycles (sitting in the back, actually) going for the train station. Haven't ridden (in the back of) a motorcycle for a while...it kind reminded me of Thailand.

Well...anyway, I went separate way...away from the gang at the Shin-Osaka station...waving goodbye...and headed for the Osaka Aquarium.

I went early, about an hour early. But the line was already long, at least in my view. I stood there with all the people, mostly came with family...perhaps a couple of little cute kids. Hmm...I have always wonder why Japanese children are so cute and adorable.

I eventually got to pay a hefty 2,000 Yen and walked in the front door. People there greeted me with a friendly smile, just like elsewhere in Japan. After that, it's all like a photo shoot session. I took a photo of everything. Although the lighting was a big problem, and the creatures moved so fast, I managed to squeeze some photos to be shown here...

I just like the background color, somehow

It took me a gazillion shots on this guy
...and that's the best I could do

I never see this one move...in Tennessee...in Osaka

Nemo! Nemo?

This guy is absolutely HUGE!

The biggest Ray I've ever seen, at least 2m wide na~

Envy that guy jung!

I shall call him......"mini me"

I think it's a dolphin

Does this look like a scene from Alien? Or is it just me?

Jellyfish!!

Turtle there are nice too :)

....kirene....

I spent good two hours at the aquarium and came out with satisfaction. After that, it was just a long long walk with nothing accomplished. I meant to go to Numba and to find good Okonomiyaki for lunch. But walking without an actual map turned out to be a very bad idea. I walked and walked anyway...because I still enjoyed everything around me. Only that there's no Okonomiyaki in sight anywhere. Just shopping.

I eventually settled down with a cheap beef on rice, thinking I better spend on good Okonomiyaki next time. Then, I tried to go to Tennoji Temple...which should be close to the Thai Food Fest. I thought...that's my last stop before saying goodbye. But, I walked and walked again and again for hours...couldn't find the temple!?!

I eventually (again) gave up and headed for the Thai Food Fest. Bought some Beard Papa's cream puff for the people at the festival. Said goodbye. And left for Okazaki.

Too bad it was a short trip...but I have a feeling I'll go back to Osaka again. Until then...

posted by Bikku @ 11:08 PM

2 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Osaka Aquarium.
That's the only place in the world where they keep a shark whale alive too.

I also like a small auditorium where they show an almost 360 degree tank full with HUGE school of tuna...very much like those in finding Nemo's tuna flock.

The only downside there is the crowd...Japanese support their own tourism a little bit too much : P
I barely saw some of the tanks because it was too crowded.

Anyway, that gives me a reason to go back!

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger noomai said...

I went on a weekday and it was totally different from what you and pYai experienced. We nearly had the whole aquarium to ourselves - felt pretty good.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page