Saturday, October 01, 2005

My Nagoya Day Trip

Since I arrived Japan, there has been no single weekend that I totally stay in Okazaki. Tokyo...Osaka...now Nagoya. Herr...these weekends has been hurting my beloved pocket, if you know what I mean. And they have made me pull out my secret superpower - stingy economist - out when I shop for food.

But anyway, I love all my weekend trips. Although just a day trip, this one is no exception. I went with other three of my classmates: Joerg-san, Liu-san, and Casey-san. When I call them, I always add "san" at the end because we always do that in class. Would feel weird without it :P

Joerg-san will leave tomorrow...going back to Switzerland. So we had our gathering as a day trip to Nagoya since no one had gone there before. First off...we went to Nagoya Castle.

Nagoya Castle

Nice Subway entrance!

An interesting place, only that it was burned down during the Second World War. But they did a good job in restoring it. Not much of the inside though. We spent a good amount of time there before heading to lunch.

All-U-Can-Eat!!!

We walked for quite a while until we found a place on the 10th floor of a building across Oasis 21. Well, out of hunger, we just went in without really knowing what they have to offer there. It turned out to be an All-U-Can-Eat "Japanese Fondue" (sorry, I don't really know the name). We ate a lot within the 1-hour limit a nice waiter told us. Actually, from eating there, we noticed Oasis 21 and went there afterward.

Oasis 21

On Oasis 21, there is a lot of water!

Still on Oasis 21...trying to take a weird photo :P

After we had our fun (which was basically walking around on a glass floor and took many pictures), we headed for the Osu Kannon Temple.

People at the Osu Kannon Temple

There was nothing much to do at the temple, except taking more pictures. So, we walked out shortly into a shopping district. After that, there was just a lot of walking and looking. Not before long, we said our goodbye and headed back to Okazaki.

My impression of Nagoya from just a day trip was that Nagoya is a big city that is not too crowdy. I like that. I guess I'll have time to find more about Nagoya later...again and again.

I'm not sure where this flower is?!?

posted by Bikku @ 8:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page