Saturday, February 18, 2006

Korokke

I love Japanese Cream-filled Korokke. Yes, I've been craving it for quite some time now. And I finally made it today. [For those who have no idea about this ke-ke-thingy I was talking about, it's a Japanese version of a French dish - croquette...Wikipedia has a pretty good explanation here]


I was searching the web for a good recipe. They seem to have about two: one for the mashed potato and beef Korokke, and another one is this creamy Korokke. Of course, I was originally aiming for the creamy one. Only that they didn't state how much each ingredient ought to be put in. But I decided to give it a try anyway.

So, the ingredients are:
- Milk, lots of milk
- Butter
- Corn (in a can)
- (Corn) Flour
- Egg(s)
- Bread Crumb

First off...you need to cook up the cream filling. Melt butter (I tossed 3 thumb-size pieces into the pan), then add milk (I put in about half a litre). Slowly heat it, and I really mean "slowly" jing jing. It took so much time...to heat it until the milk become thickened, really thickened and creamy. Then, add corn as much as you like. With low heat and long time, the "mix" become very very thick. If so, you are done for the first part. Put the "mix" into a shallow bowl or something. Leave it in the fridge for several hours.


Then...the rest is straight forward. Take the "mix" out from the fridge and make several flat, oval-shaped paddy. Be careful now. That paddy is actually liquid...very soft. Cover each paddy with corn flour, dip it in beaten egg, then cover it with bread crumb, and deep fry it until the color become light-brown.


Voila! Serve with Tonkatsu sauce and/or mayonnaise... Yumm!!!

Ah...h, the Korokke has made my day V(^o^)V

posted by Bikku @ 1:22 AM

9 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger noomai said...

โอ้ววว น่ากินๆ.. (วันนี้ไปกิน katsukura ทงคัสสึมาอีกแล้วล่ะ.. อร่อยเหมือนกัน.. )

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger The Iconoclast's Journey said...

Economist Poet Cooker. How great the man from east coast!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

น่ากินจังครับ ท่านบิ๊ก...

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger The Iconoclast's Journey said...

นึกว่าเข้าบล็อคผิดหน้าตาเเปลกๆ โหดๆ เเต่เนื้อหายังน่ารักเหมือนเดิม

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

โห ทำเองเลยเหรอน้องบิ๊ก เก่งนะเนี่ย พี่ต้นยังไม่เคยทำเลยค่ะ (ขนาดคนที่บ้านชอบทานมากๆเลยนะ :p )

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Bikku said...

Thank you everybody krab. Perhaps you can try to make it according to this recipe, see if it comes out the same :P

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Croquette is one of the dish I order almost every time I go to Izakaya typed of restaurant. Love it! Now I know where to find it in Bangkok : P

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha..economist poet cook!!! kk
I'm impressed that you actually made it! looks soooooo yummy!! Plus, I didn't know that ko-ro-ke actually came from croquette. haha!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger NoTtO said...

หน้าตาน่ารับทานมากพี่

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page