Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I can't believe it all happened in one day

Well...today was one of the shorter days here. That means...I did so many things today. It started with picking up Soe from the airport. I went to bed around 5AM and had to wake up at 9AM. Surprisingly, I woke up anyway...drove to the airport and back. A piece of cake.

Then, I was on the phone and chatted with several people on MSN a bit until the internet went dead. Hmmm...I was a bit frustrated. Good thing I was sleepy (due to lack of sleep last night, remember?), so I took a nap. Who knows how long I was out. But, by the time I woke up (and it's not that late in the afternoon too), the internet is good again. I checked emails, but no mail. I guess I expect too many mails and friends online when I have nothing to do. So, I decided to go to the mall...and I had only one thing in mind, Japanese Language Software.

I made sure I bring the $10-off Bestbuy Card and headed toward Pyramid Mall. It was quick. Before I knew it, I was sitting in the living room...messing around with the program. And, I thought, "This program is tough. It has me start with all the hard sentences with unrecognizable characters. I must have made a wrong choice." It turned out that I put the wrong CD in. That was CD#2.

So, after being a monkey for half an hour, I finally put the right CD in. It starts with a game, matching Hiragana and its Romanji counterpart. The game was fun, but it took quite a long time for me to remember 4 series of characters. I guess that part of my brain has been in hibernation for too long. The 4 series are:

あ い う  え お わ  を  ん
か き く  け こ きゃ きゅ きょ
さ  し す せ そ しゃ しゅ しょ
た ち つ て  と ちゃ ちゅ ちょ

Looking at it now, that's not much at all...but it took me a while. Then, I switch to C++ programming. What a twist. It was not so long until I realized I was quite hungry. I ate a corndog with leftover curry (?!?) just because I realize I would miss the movie if I took too much time on dinner.

The movie was Howl's Moving Castle, the one I saw in Japan last year and had always wanted to watch it. I enjoyed the movie a lot, although it was quite different from the original novel.

This one is more...romantic, I'd say. Where the book concentrated more on the wizard, Howl, the movie focused on Sophie - a young girl cursed into a 90-year-old lady. The movie went smoothly, and it was as impressive as others of Miyazaki's works...magical. In all, I left the theater with full satisfaction. Although it's already late, I think I'm gonna sleep early tonight.

posted by Bikku @ 3:30 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page