Friday, October 28, 2005

Edward Monkton

I really don't know much about Edward Monkton, but I know that I like his artwork/thoughts. Thanks to my good friend who introduced me to his art. I browsed through his website...not much writing, more drawings though. So...this guy draws on greeting cards, mugs, t-shirts, and also write books. If anyone knows more about this guy, please let me know (^__^)





I took the liberty of putting some of his drawings here (since it's downloadable). If you wanna see more, just go to his website. I hope you like them too.

posted by Bikku @ 4:48 PM

3 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy that you like it^^

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

เห็นแล้วนึกถึงงานของวิสุทธิ์ พรนิมิต
คือลายเส้นไม่น่าดู แต่คิดลึก(ซึ้ง)
งาน monkton นี่วาดง่ายเข้าไปอีก
เส้นไม่ยุ่งเท่างานของตั้ม

 
At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the last picture of the chicken made me think of a film I saw recently (monte grande)

Francisco Varela talked at the end of the filming when he knew that Cancer was going to beat him.

He recited one of his favourite quotes...

"Oh Lord, please give me strength,
to be strong against the things I can fight.
Oh Lord, please give me patience,
to be patient with the things I cannot change.
And please Lord, please give me the ability to distinguish between the two. Please give me wisdom."

The chicken is lucky - she has fightless wings, she knows what she's capable of. We, human, are more in trouble I guess. Esp. with ignorance.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page