Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Kyoto Revisited

It was last year that I went to Kyoto, a three-day sightseeing trip. It was intense and...well, sleepless. Last year, I picked up a few important location such as Kiyomizu, Kinkaku-ji, and a few places I don't remember their names.

This year, I had a chance to visit Kyoto once again. I stayed there for a few nights in order to go to Osaka for a sport event (which I lost terribly and don't want to talk about it :P), but I had a day to look around Kyoto. Well, it was more like half of a day because I couldn't drag my lazy ass out of the bed until almost lunch time. Anyway...special thanks for Noomai & Jill for hosting me...gave me shelter and food...and be my wonderful tour guides.

During that half day, we made it to two places...namely Byodoin and Fushimi Inari. I guess it's because Mai & Jill called it the temple behind a 10-yen coin, I thought there's a huge 10-yen coin in front of the temple. But, in fact, the temple on the coin portrays the Byodoin temple.

I think I've said too much already. So unlike me :P
Should get to the pictures, eh?

The coin and the temple

Silhouette!!!

Look at the pond.......nothing :P

"give me..."

It was such a nice day

I love green!

Near the Byodoin (actually it's on the way in and out), there are tons of tea shop letting out the sweet aroma of green tea. We couldn't resist, so we tried.

Only if you can smell it ~~~

Kampai!

We also tried some 'tea ice cream' too, and it's very very delicious. Only that the picture is prohibited to the public (^^;)

Next was the Fushimi Inari. We got there at about the sunset time. I tried my luck with the Japanese "Siem-See" ...couldn't read. But it appeared that my luck was not so good. So I had to tie it somewhere.

On the way in...

There are a lot more of this red thing when we went in

By the time we went further in and walk through tons of the red gates, it was dark. It would give out a scary atmosphere if you go alone.

As usual, I took tons of photos. But we didn't stay too long because our stomachs wouldn't let us to. It was a long and torturing trip to a restaurant, but eventually our stomachs were fulfilled (with ramen & ice cream).

Too bad I didn't have so much time to look around more. There are more temples and shrines I want to visit. So, Kyoto, it's not over between us!!!

posted by Bikku @ 11:20 PM

7 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ภาพงามจริง ๆ ท่านบิ๊กฯ ..... ผมก็เคยไปญีปุ่นเหมือนกันครับ แต่ว่าเป็น บ้านญี่ปุ่น ที่ UIUC ... ท่านเคยไปเปล่าฯ อิ อิ ...

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Bikku said...

Of course, I've been there krab ;)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger noomai said...

ว้า... ชิ่งเราโพสไปแล้วอ่ะ -_-'

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

คิดถึงไอติมชาเขียว (_ _)

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love my shoes:D

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

พี่มาวันเดียวจะเที่ยวเยอะกว่าผมที่อยู่เป็นปีอีกนะเนี่ย แล้วเจอกันใหม่นะครับเมื่อมีโอกาส

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

โห พี่กล้องรุ่นเดียวกันทำไมถ่ายออกมาต่างกันจังเลยเนี่ย >_< ;

punpun

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page