Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Encountering Stress?

How do you deal with stress? And I'm not talking about a little stress...but rather a little strong stress. Strong enough to effect your concentration at work or your ability to sleep at night. Imagine that you have to pee badly that you almost cannot hold it any longer. That's the kind of stress I'm talking about.

People have their own way to deal with stress. Some are effective to some but not another. Some methods are common, some are useful, and some are radical. Here are some ways I can think of that people do to encounter stress:

Eat -- One the of the most popular stress-counter method is to eat. Eat snacks. Eat a full meal. Eat fried chicken. Or eat a veal. Eating method usually works, but more or less temporary. Once you get hungry again, you probably would be stressed again.

Drink -- Of course, I'm not talking about drinking water...but alcoholic beverages. This is very popular for people with broken heart (and if it's raining too :P) and want the stress to go away quickly somehow. It turns out that this method is unlikely to yield a success. Most of the time, it emphasizes stress...especially shortly after stop drinking or after waking up.

Exercise -- This is proved to be a very effective method to relieve stress, personal or work-related. I personally cannot find anything wrong with it, except that it's tough for lazy people to get started. Regular exercise can also prevent stress.

Massage -- This is a quick, addictive, and probably expensive way to relieve stress (unless you have someone who's willing to do it at you will). A good masseuse would make you forget about any stressful stuffs at the tip of their fingers...and likely to make you want to go into hybernation directly. It is addictive though. Sometimes stress comes up only because of the lack of massage :P

Work -- If it's not work-related, some people just put their minds into work or study. Similar to meditation, a high level of concentration makes the stress goes away. This can be useful sometimes.

Isolation -- This is popular (I think) again with the heartbrokens...either in love or in other things. Isolation sometimes help, but it is likely to increase the level of stress most of time. Usually accompanied with drinking and perhaps particular kind of music (which is not very useful for our purpose).

Shouting -- Though I have never really tried this myself, but I believe it's the quickest way to get a grip of oneself. Most people, I imagine, would shout into a pillow to prevent unnessary alarm to others nearby. I guess it's like a soft-reset of one's state of mind.

Writing -- Mostly it comes in the form of diary, either online or offline. Sometimes, stress is only needed to be let go somehow, somewhere, and in some form. As we grow up, we'll soon realize how little time we, our friends and family have each day. A lengthy talk on the phone or face-to-face might not be always available.

Friends & Family -- Friends and family often provide good support in stress relief (well, unless that stress are from them...but let's hope not). They are usually there to listen, which is more than enough most of the time.

Well...that's all I can think of right now. If anybody has any idea, please feel free to add some comments. In case you are wondering, I'm not under any kind of stress. At least, not recently. It's just some thoughts that acrossed my mind once in a while. Not a single brain cell was harmed during the production of this article.
...

posted by Bikku @ 11:50 PM

9 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger noomai said...

I think you are under some kind of stress. Prolly, it's a stress from trying to keep your blog long! haha =P J/K na~~~~. Anyways.. I propose another way to relieve stress -- Meditation (and then sleep. =P)

 
At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cook
I go for a walk outside
I meditate (specifically think of khanda 5 to stop concocting and think of proactive response instead)
and if that stress doesn't involved deadline, I watch a lot of good movies...either very funny one or very touching one (that I can cry)...do avoid scary movie.

 
At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

อืม ถ้าเครียดๆพี่ชอบไปคาราโอเกะนะ ร้องเพลงแบบกระชากๆหน่อย (อาจจะใกล้เคียงกับไปตะโกน อิอิ) ไล่อารมณ์ร้ายออกไปได้ดีเชียวค่ะ

ストレスがたまっていますか?
笑った方がいいですよ(^^)

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to the vdo rental and pick some items. Watch them and ......


sleeppppp.... ^^

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just let it be, its gonna be okay : )

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger noomai said...

pYai's first way to relieve stress is scary a... 'I Cook'! (dee na.. mai write 'I EAT', though I know you cook and eat a na.. =P)

You got lots of my pool in your comment laew a -_-'

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about SLEEP?

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

เดินเล่นช้อปปิ้ง ใช้เงินๆๆๆ จนหมดตัว

punpun

 
At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ask Samantha Jones!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page