Saturday, October 15, 2005

Juicy Yolk!

When it comes to boiling an egg, I often have absolutely no clue how long it should take for an egg to get cooked...let alone how the egg would be cooked the way I like it. But today was different. Somehow...yes, somehow...I was determined to boil an egg just the way I like it, with juicy yolk หรือยางมะตูมนั่นแหละ (well not exactly juicy, but I think you know what I mean).

This might be just common knowledge, but I (for one) have never known nor remember the way. And I found the way today! The eggs came out perfect...and I really mean Perfect!!!

...Take an egg (or eggs) out the the fridge for a little while. Boil water and put the egg in when the water is a little warm. When the water starts to boil, wait about 6-8 minutes...then take the egg out and put it in cold water. Done!

If you are like me (i.e. like juicy egg yolk and don't know how to do it), please try and let me know whether it also works in your kitchen or not. Maybe I'm just lucky today :P

posted by Bikku @ 6:49 PM

4 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always love juicy yolk with rice and fish sauce... simple and easy to do but very very yummy. I usually cook an egg in boiling water for 6 [stainless steel pot] to 7 minutes [teflon pot]. The trick is to time it well. Anyway, hope your new discovery works well every time na ka. ;)

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger noomai said...

ไม่ใช้แฟนพันธุ์แท้ไข่ต้มเท่าไหร่ แต่ถ้าไข่ดาวแบบไข่แดงไหลย้อยๆ เยิ้มๆนี่... สุดโปรด...ด (ค้นพบว่าจิ๋วทอดอร่อยมาก) =)

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Bikku said...

โอว..ว์ อย่างนี้ต้องตามไปชิมซะแล้ว...ว

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ชอบเหมือนกันพี่ไข่ยางมะตูม
แต่ไม่เคยต้มเองได้เลย เลยเปลี่ยนเป็นกินไข่ดาวเหลวๆแทนทอดง่ายๆ อิอิ ไว้ไปแย่งใหม่กิน






แค้นนี้ยังไมได้สะสาง หุหุ
punpun

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

About me? Oh...that's what I've always tried to find out.

I started this blog because I felt lost...without a destination. I didn't even believe I could continue this blog for so long (due to past experiences). But, here I am still...blogging away.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chnin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary

Locations of visitors to this page